PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
Public liability insurance protects the insured in respect of legal liability for:
bodily injury to third parties; and
any loss of or damage to third party property.
Third parties are not employees, but will include members of the public who:
visit the insured’s premises;
occupy or visit premises at which the insured is carrying out work;
occupy or visit surrounding premises.
The Insurer will indemnify the Insured against all sums that the Insured becomes legally
liable to pay as damages in respect of accidental,
(a) Injury to any person
(b) loss of or damage to Property
(c) obstruction, trespass, nuisance or interference with any right of way, air, light or water
….arising out of and in connection with the Business.
Unless otherwise specially stated hereon the indemnity expressed in this policy shall not apply to or
include liability, damage or loss:-
1) Assumed by the Insured by agreement unless such liability would have attached to the Insured not
withstanding such agreement
2) In respect of injury to any person who is a member of the Insured’s family or who at the time of sustaining such
injury is engaged in the service of the Insured or for compensation claimed from the Insured by an injured person
or dependant under any Workmen’s Compensation or WIBA Legislation.
3) In respect of property:
(a) Belonging to or in the charge or under the control of the Insured or of any servant or agent of the
(b) Being that part of any goods or land or building or structure on which the Insured or any servant or agent
of the Insured is or has been working.
4) In respect of injury or in connection with or arising from;-
(a) The ownership or possession or use by or on behalf of the Insured of any Animal, cycle,
vehicle, locomotive vessel of any kind aircraft lift elevator escalator crane hoist or other lifting machinery
not specified in the Schedule under the heading of the Plant.
(b) Fire, earthquake, explosion, flood fumes, water pollution or bursting of boilers.
(c) Deflective sanitary installation or poisoning of any kind or foreign deleterious matter in food or drink.
5) In respect of loss arising from damage to any land or property or building caused by vibration or by the removal
or weakening of support.
6) For any consequence of war invasion act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war
rebellion revolution insurrection or military or usurped power.
7) Arising out of the action of any commodity used or applied or administered by the Insured or by any employee or
agent of the Insured or supplied by the Insured for use consumption or application.
8) Injury or damage arising in the course of or as the result of remedial or other advice or treatment given or
administered by the Insured or by any person acting on behalf of the insured
9) Any property of any description due to the manufacturer, construction, alteration, repair or treatment of such
property by the Insured or by any person acting on behalf of the Insured.
10) Legal liability of whatsoever nature caused by or arising from ionizing radiations or contamination by
radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
Apply to the office providing all the information and request for legal assistance
Do not admit liability whether verbal or written